SIA licensed Security Guard in Fareham, Hampshire
Main Event Security, an SIA Approved Contractor, is a leading provider of security services at various static sites and festivals and events throughout the UK. We are now looking for an highly organised security professional with experience of providing a reception service to provide Relief cover at one of our most prestigious static sites in Fareham, Hampshire.
As a reception-based security officer, you will be the first point of contact for our company. you will provide a front-of-house and security service. Our Reception duties include offering administrative support when required. You will welcome employees and greet people who visit the business. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including redirecting phone calls.
Within a fast-paced and stimulating environment, you will have the chance to build on your existing expertise whilst providing a high-quality service to a prestigious customer.
General responsibilities of the role:
· Greet and welcome visitors and employees as soon as they arrive.
· Maintain site security by following security and safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor/contractor badges as appropriate)
· Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
· Contact relevant personnel when their visitor or contractor has arrived and ensure that site security procedures are followed.
· Conduct internal and external patrols of the building
To be considered for this position, you will need:
· A valid SIA frontline licence.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, pleasant manner and approachable.
· Smart, well- groomed and confident with a professional attitude and appearance.
· Ability to use your own initiative.
· Excellent customer service skills.
Employment is offered basis a zero hours contract. The Officer will be providing cover for both planned and unplanned absences for annual leave, sickness as well as covering some ad hoc shifts at weekends.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake security screening in accordance with BS7858 which will include a full unbroken five year period of referencing for which you will be required to provide full address history and employment details.